God Centered Prayer
Read Matthew 6:9-13
In today’s reading, the Lord gave us a pattern for prayer. The focus of our prayer is to be God and our relationship with Him. God centered prayer reminds us that:
1) God is our Heavenly Father
2) God has authority over all.
3) Our hearts should be yielded to Him.
4) He is our provider.
5) God forgives our transgressions, and likewise, we should forgive others.
6) God is our protector and shield.
7) God is worthy of our praise and devotion.
Christ’s prayer also gives us a pattern to live our life by each day. We should be:
1) Focused on God – in every detail and area of our life.
2) Devoted to God – committed to and obedient to Him.
3) Always aware of and with recognition of who our sovereign God is.
God centered prayer and living encourages us to know Him more fully, and serve Him with greater commitment. This gives God the opportunity to use our lives to the maximum of our potential – ‘For His Good and His Glory’. This type of living should be every believer’s goal.
The question is, is it yours?